What Is The E-Trader License In Dubai?
Have you always thought of starting a small business from home on social media? With an e-trader license, you can sell handmade accessories to web design services through your social media accounts right from your home. Read on to discover more about the E-trader license Dubai.
The E-trader license in Dubai helps stay-at-home entrepreneurs to sell services and products on social media. Launched in 2017 by the Department of Economic Development (DED), the E-trader license in Dubai is aimed at home entrepreneurs doing business over social media. The E-Trader license will make it easier for individuals or single-owner businesses to sell their services and products on social media.
It will also bolster customers’ confidence when they’re shopping online. The announcement of the E-trade license by DED followed in the wake of the efforts to crackdown on counterfeit and fake products being sold on social media platforms like Instagram. The license aims to regulate the sale of products and services conducted through social media in Dubai.
Do You Need The E-Trader License In Dubai?
Sell through Facebook or Instagram in Dubai without any hassle. If you are an individual who promotes or sells products and services through your social media accounts or a personal website, then you’ll need an E-trader license in Dubai. For instance, this home business license would apply to stay-at-home mothers promoting handmade products or photography services and selling on Instagram in Dubai.
- Home entrepreneurs who don’t have or require a physical office space are eligible to apply for the E-trade license in Dubai, as it does not require you to register with Ejari Dubai.
- It’s ideal for single-owner home-based businesses that don’t require a local partner and freelancers.
- UAE and GCC Nationals and expats of certain other nationalities can apply for the E-trader license in Dubai, with the condition that the individual is based in Dubai and is over the age of 21 years.
What Can You Do With E-Trader License In Dubai?
With the E-Trader license, home-based businesses can legally sell products and services on social media!
- With this license, individuals can legally promote and sell products and services through their social media accounts including Instagram, Facebook and more, or on a personal website.
- You can also feature theirproducts and services on online marketplaces such as Souq.com. With this home business license in Dubai, individuals and single-owner businesses can legally participate in and reach out to customers at exhibitions and conferences.
- It will also protect your trade nameand any other intellectual property. The DED also holds training and workshops for E-trader license-owners that you can attend!
- An E-trader license is strictly for a single-owner home-based business in Dubai or freelancer. Individuals with this home business license in Dubai cannot open a physical shop or issue visas.
CONDITIONS FOR E-TRADE LICENCE FOR ONLINE BUSINESS IN DUBAI
It’s important to note there are conditions on what you can sell on social media with an E-trader license in Dubai.
- UAE and GCC National entrepreneurs with the license can conduct commercial activity (i.e. sell physical products and goods) and professional activity (i.e. sell professional services) on their social media accounts.
- The scope for an E-trader license for expats depends on nationality. Non-GCC expats can sell professional services through their social media, but not physical products. This could include maintenance, repair, event management and photography services.
- While food products are most often not allowed under this license.